Saturday, May 8, 2010

Crushed Like Sand - final draft

Crushed Like Sand
Like the ocean,
Your smile, like the waves,
Recedes quickly,
But always comes back.

I watch you watch her.
The waves appear.

Tears tore my face,
You told me my time
Was wasted,
You’d found someone else
You’d tired of waiting

You said this.
The waves disappeared.

I’d wanted to care,
But more than anything,
I’d wanted you to care.
Like a child,
I was frightened,
Yet, willing to try.

I said this.
The waves appeared.

Thinking of your heartbeat,
Dying for your hand to brush mine,
I was scared of love,
But it scares me more
That I let go of you.

I let you know this.
The waves disappeared.

I miss the comforting
Crashing of the waves,
The unpredictability.
I cry tears that will one day
Fill the ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment