Friday, December 11, 2009

A Poem that I am never going to do anything with

Starbucks - I'm still pissed that the salted caramel hot choclate was taken off the menu...

As the front door opens,
The cocoa-ey mix of coffee and chocolate fills the air
And I step inside.

I see the familiar couches and chairs that surround the counter.
The pastries are in their designated trays waiting to be served.

People walk out carrying their Mocha Frappaccinos,
I order my Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate and sit on the couch.
The noise of the blender fills the air,
Then, the noise of the whipped cream can.

I watch the familiar barista drizzle the caramel sauce over the whipped cream.
They set the drink on the counter and call out my name.
I pick it up and walk back to the couch.
I stare at the abstract photo directly across from me.

Old Simon and Garfunkel songs blast from the radio,
Only making it seem more like a coffee shop.

The caramelly-chocolate tastes smooth.
This is what I have been craving.
This is home.

No comments:

Post a Comment